How much is the daily serving of California Trace and California Trace PLUS?
- 1 scoop per day per 500 lb. horse.
- 2 scoops per day per 1000 lb. horse.
- Feed one scoop per day to ponies and yearlings.
- Feed 1/2 scoop per day to adult miniature horses.
Can I feed California Trace or California Trace PLUS to my donkey or mule?
- Yes! Just follow the suggested serving size based on your animal's weight.
How long will 10 lbs. of California Trace last my horse?
- 80 days for an average sized horse.
How long will 10 lbs. of California Trace PLUS last my horse?
- About 40 days for an average sized horse
How much does it cost per day to feed this product?
- About .75 cents per day for California Trace and 1.58 per day for California Trace PLUS, and even less when you purchase it in the economical 25 and 50-lb. bags.
How do I feed it?
- Mixed with your horse's grain or pellets.
My horse is picky about supplements. How do I get him to eat it?
- Start with just a few pellets mixed with your horse's favorite food and increase gradually until the horse is eating the full dose.
What is the shelf life of the product?
- 6 months from time of purchase if stored in a cool, dry place. It is recommended that the product be stored indoors during hot or humid weather.
Can I feed California Trace products free choice?
- No. Please follow the feeding instructions on the bag.
Can I feed California Trace products to my other animals?
- California Trace and California Trace PLUS are formulated only for equines and may be harmful to other animals.